21 Jun - 23 Jun 2024
Team of 2 & 4
(Trek / mtb / paddling / rope work / etc): Trekking, MTB, kayaking, orienteering, rope activities
Provided by the Organization
The course encompasses three trekking stages:
• an urban orienteering challenge that intriguingly has a swimming segment
• mountain forested terrain orientation, marked by its navigational intricacy
• the final stage, while simpler in navigation, will test racers’ physical endurance
There are two biking legs:
• the protracted and taxing first segment demands competitors to be in peak physical condition; it’s laden eith uphill sections, technical rocky terrains, and stretches that are both muddy and steep, calling for adept mountain biking skills
• the concluding leg is a more relaxed journey towards the finish line, promising a cheerful finish
The kayaking stage offers participants a tranquil experience on a scenic lake enveloped by mountains.
Climbing tasks are executed on a climbing wall rated at IV UIAA difficulty, and one of the challenges includes an exhilarating zip-line.
Apart of these, organizers have curated a few special tasks to keep the competition intriguing.
Anticipations are that the leading team will cross the finish line by midday on Saturday, marking 24 hours into the race.
Stay ahead of the pack by subscribing to our Adventure Racing World Series newsletter.
Be the first to receive updates, breaking news, and exclusive insights from the thrilling world of adventure racing. Join now and fuel your passion for adrenaline-fueled challenges.Subscribe
The Montane Kong Vinter Race, the first race in the ARWS Europe calendar this year, is set to take place near Copenhagen, Denmark this weekend, January 14/15th. The Masters event, which is a 24-hour race for mixed teams of 4, has 19 teams competing, including teams from Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, and Finland/Italy, along with several top Danish teams.